I thing that I don’t like about marshmallow is that it’s too sweet for me. That’s why I was very excited when I came across this low calorie homemade marshmallow recipe at Say Yes website. I adopted to make it just the right sweet for me using fat-free whipped cream. Now you can enjoy fat-free marshmallows with your fat-free, sugar-free hot chocolate guilt free. Happy reading.
- 1 container of fat free whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of water
- Large mixing bowl
- Wax paper
- Mini cookie cutter (can use any shape you want; I use something like this)
- Pour the whipped cream into a mixing bowl and add the 1/2 cup of water. Adding the water is necessary so it freezes well enough to cut out pieces that hold their shape.
- Mix well with a spoon until the water is incorporated evenly into the whipped cream.
- Line tray with wax paper. Pour the mixture into the tray (you’d like it ideally about at least 1/2 inch thick or more) and freeze at least 4 hours.
- Lift wax paper out of sheet and place on a table.
- Cut out shapes with your cookie cutter and place layers of the mini marshmallows between sheets of wax paper in a freezable container.
- Store in the freezer and pull out individual marshmallows as needed for fancy hot chocolate!