While I love buying the fat free version of whipped cream from the grocery store not everyone like is tolerant to the diary version of whipped cream. Hence, I am sharing a very easy to make diary free, vegan version of these delicious treat from Radiant life. Happy reading.
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1/2 tea spoon vanilla extract
- Place a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours, or better yet overnight. When chilled, the fatty part of the coconut milk will harden, separate and rise to the top. This is the cream you will use for whipping.
- Open and scoop the hardened coconut cream into a large bowl. If you want to get all fancy about it, you can actually flip the chilled can of coconut milk upside down and open from the bottom to pour the liquid off and reveal the cream underneath. Otherwise, simply open as normal, and use a spoon to scrape the cream from the top. Either method will get the job done.
- Also, it can help to stick the bowl in the freezer for about 15 minutes before using. This way, your cream will remain nice and chilled as you whip it.
- Using a hand held mixer, whip until light and fluffy. In order to prevent splattering the cream all over your kitchen, start to whisk at a lower speed at first. Slowly work to a higher speed to until you have incorporated enough air for desired fluffiness.
- You can add vanilla extract while whipping as you would with regular cream.
Be the first to reply