I got this wonderful recipe at the Chocolate-covered Katie website, who turned this traditional holiday treat into a healthy protein-rich recipe and today I want to share that recipe with you. Hope you enjoy that recipe. I used fat free lactose free milk.
- 1 cup fat free lactose free milk (1 can do 1/2 milk and 1/2 Silk creamer for a deliciously-rich shake; you can substitute full-fat coconut milk for non-diary vegan version)
- 1/2 cup Mori-Nu silken-firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (omit if desired)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp splenda or sugar
- 1 nunaturals stevia packet, or 1 tbsp sugar (or evaporated cane juice, coconut sugar, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg and ginger
- tiny dashcloves
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Drink cold, or heat if desired. Recipe is single-serving and can be sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan, cholesterol-free, low-fat, and gluten-free. And no raw eggs!
I know you guys are all getting ready for the thanks giving festivities. I for one loves easy to make and creative appetizers for the holidays. Hence, I was very excited when I saw this recipe in pinterest on my friend’s board, and I thought why not share it with my readers. I just adopted it for my preference. Hope you like it. If you like it, and have better adopted versions don’t forget to share with us with your comments.
- 2 (8-ounce) bar Sharp Cheddar plain and flavored
- 1 (8-ounce) bar Jack
- 1 (8-ounce) bar Mozzarella
- 1 (8-ounce) bar Swiss
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Green and red grapes
- 1 broccoli floret without stem
- 1 small celery stick
- Cut each bar of cheddar into 1-inch cubes.
- On large platter or cutting board, arrange cubes in rows to form tree shape, using different flavor for each row and separating flavors with thyme sprigs and rows of red and green grapes.
- For star on top, add the broccoli floret.
- For the bottom stem, add the celery stick.