I got this wonderful recipe at the Chocolate-covered Katie website, who turned this traditional holiday treat into a healthy protein-rich recipe and today I want to share that recipe with you. Hope you enjoy that recipe. I used fat free lactose free milk.
- 1 cup fat free lactose free milk (1 can do 1/2 milk and 1/2 Silk creamer for a deliciously-rich shake; you can substitute full-fat coconut milk for non-diary vegan version)
- 1/2 cup Mori-Nu silken-firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (omit if desired)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp splenda or sugar
- 1 nunaturals stevia packet, or 1 tbsp sugar (or evaporated cane juice, coconut sugar, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg and ginger
- tiny dashcloves
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Drink cold, or heat if desired. Recipe is single-serving and can be sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan, cholesterol-free, low-fat, and gluten-free. And no raw eggs!