With all the cream cheese recipe I posted so fat I thought that, it is time for me to post a diary free, vegan, soy free, sugar free, gluten free, homemade recipe for my vegan, lactose intolerant friends out there. I came across this recipe at Health Pursuit blog site, offered by an holistic nutritionist.
- 1½ cups raw cashew, soaked for 12-24 hours
- ¼ cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Place raw cashew in a glass dish and fill with filtered water. Cover and place in the fridge to soak for 24 hours.
- Then, drain and rinse the cashews with water.
- Drop cashews in a blender or food processor and add remaining ingredients. Begin with 2 tablespoons of water and work up to 3 tablespoons if needed. The water is in the recipe just to help the mixture get as smooth as possible in the blender.
- Blend for 2 minutes or so, until it’s as smooth as smooth can be. Set aside for a couple of hours.
- Drape a tall plastic container with cheesecloth. For thinner, more creamy cream cheese, double up the cloth. For a firmer cheese, use 1-ply. I chose to double up.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the cheesecloth.
- Pull up the sides of cheesecloth and tie with a piece of string or twine.
- Hang the cheese bag on a kitchen utensil and rest it inside a vase or juice pitcher. It just has to be extended in the air so that the extra liquids can drain from it.
- Leave in a warm place for at least 24 hours. Then, remove from the hanging setup you’ve created, remove cheesecloth and serve as is or add flavors such as herbs, vanilla or a touch of sugar.
You can use these vegan, diary free cream cheese to make vegan, diary free versions of Santa Hat Cream Cheese Bites, Cream Cheese Mints, Chocolate Delight, Chocolate Cheesecake, and No Bake Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake. Hope you enjoy these vegan friendly versions of the wonderful treats, thanks to the wonderful homemade healthy diary free cream cheese recipe. I would love to hear your comments on how any of these treats comes out with the homemade cream cheese. Happy reading.