Hope you guys had a wonderful and marry Christmas. Today, I as usual, I want to share with another no bake easy to make treat, with vegan, gluten free and healthy as well. I came across this wonderful treat at Chocolate-covered Katie blog site. Happy readings.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds, unsalted
- 1/4 cup walnuts, unsalted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tbsp natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup more unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp Organic unpasteurized honey (Note: strict vegans can use agave)
- Add dates in a bowl with warm water and allow them to soak for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Mix together dates, almonds, walnuts, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a food processor until well blended.
- Spread mixture in a 9×5 baking pan (or an 8×8 is okay) until evenly distributed, and press down gently with a spoon.
- Mix together bananas, almond butter, honey, and other 1/4 cup cocoa powder in the food processor until well blended.
- Spread mixture over bottom layer until evenly distributed.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 16 squares.
- Re-freeze whatever you don’t eat, and enjoy at another time!
Hope you enjoy this sweet, healthy, vegan, gluten free, and tasty no bake treat. Enjoy.