The holiday season is upon us I for one love this season, which makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I love decorating with my family and specially love trying new foods. As I have mentioned in my previous blogs when it comes to cooking or baking, I always love recipes which are easy to prepare and make because I am not the best cook in the world and I always love finding innovative recipes. Hence, I was quite excited when I came across this no bake cookie recipe at the Betty Crocker website, and I though why not share it with you guys. hope you enjoy it.
- 1/2 cup I Don’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 1 package (10 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 20 drops green liquid food color
- 3/4 cup cornflakes
- 5 cups Whole Grain Total™ cereal
- 56 red small round candies
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave I Don’t Believe It’s Not Butter uncovered on High 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted.
- Add marshmallows then toss to coat. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Stir in green food color to desired shade of green. Add cornflakes to marshmallow mixture, and stir until melted, microwaving an additional 30 seconds if necessary.
- Stir in cereal until evenly coated.
- Drop 1/3 cup of cereal mixture on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Use greased hands to form into wreath shape. Place 4 red round candies on wreath to decorate. Repeat with remaining cereal mixture and candies. Refrigerate 15 minutes before serving.