Hi There! I know I am late on posting the recipe. Actually, I was out on a business trip, hence didn’t get a chance to post the recipe for you. As promised, I want to post the recipe for the shredded chicken tortilla soup that I have made. I got lots of complement on this soup. The recipe is inspired by the Cooking Light Magazine.
- 1 6-inch corn tortilla
- Cooking spray
- 5 tsp Canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno
- 5/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 oz) can unsalted diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned unsalted black beans
- 8 oz chicken breast and dark meat
- 1/2 cup sliced avocado
- 4 lime wedges
- Cut corn tortilla into 1/2 inch strips.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add zucchini, onion, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, jalapeno, 1/8 tsp kosher salt, garlic, bay leaves and cook for 7 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder and ground cumin.
- Add chicken stock and canned tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add black beans, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 8 oz reserved chicken.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide among 4 bowls.
- Top with tortilla strips, sliced avocado, 1/2 cup cilantro, and lime wedges.
Hope you enjoy the recipe as much I have enjoyed making it.
Don’t forget to check out my Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram @allaboutme3181.
———————————– Happy Reading ———————————-
Be the first to reply