This summer, are you looking for something savory, easy to make, and heart healthy at the same time? Look no where else but in this blog. I got this delicious heart healthy salad recipe for you from none other than the American Heart Association. You can make in advance and keep in refrigerator for few days and the flavor will keep improving. You can also add crunch vegetables like cucumber or add it into whole wheat wrap for bread to have it as sandwich. However, you decide to enjoy it, I would love to hear your thoughts.
- 15 oz. canned, no-salt-added black beans (1 can), drained, rinsed
- 15.25 oz. canned, no-salt-added or low-sodium whole kernel corn (1 can), drained, rinsed (draining and washing in cold water will rid of extra sodium)
- 1 cup avocado (1 medium or 2 small), halved, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 mangos (about 2 cups), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces OR
- 1/2 small red or white onion (about 1/4 cup), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 or 1/2 jalapeño pepper, stems discarded, seeded, finely chopped, optional
- 3 Tbsp. fresh or bottled lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Wash and dry lettuce, then chop or tear into 2 inch pieces and divide into 6 bowls or plates.
- Combine the black beans, corn, mango, avocado, onions and jalapeño pepper. Do not mix until you add the dressing.
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, chili powder, black pepper and salt together in a jar with a secure lid, shake together until mixed well and pour over the mango and avocado mixture.
- Toss gently to coat and serve over the lettuce and mixed greens.
——————————— Enjoy —————————————
One thought on “Mango, Bean, Avocado Salad”
such a delicious combination!!