Hi There! I know it has been a long time since my last blog. Well, I am back with a delicious recipe from Whole New Mom. Hope you enjoy this healthy sugar free, gluten free treat. I would love to hear your comments.
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (or healthy fat alternative like I Cannot Believe It’s Not Butter)
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener (I used splenda)
- 1 large egg or equivalent substitute
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (I used coconut flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (I recommend Real Salt)
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (Again, I used splenda.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ingredients for Cinnamon Coating and set aside for later use.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda and spices in a medium-sized bowl.
- If coconut oil is not soft enough to mix easily, melt in a pan over low heat. Place in a bowl.
- Add sweetener and egg (or substitute) to the softened oil. Beat well. Add pumpkin puree and vanilla. Beat well again.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly, but do not over-mix.
- Take a small amount of dough ( can use a small cookie scoop for this process), roll into balls, drop in cinnamon sugar topping, and roll to coat. (NOTE: For gluten free cookies, the smaller the cookie the better as they will crumble more easily than those made with gluten flours.)
- Place on cookie sheet or baking stone (I highly recommend baking stones) about 2 inches apart, flattening a bit with your hand (or the bottom of a glass)
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
- Cool for approximately 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet to cool on a cooling rack.
——————————————– Enjoy ——————————————-
Be the first to reply