Hi there my lovelies! Hope you all are doing well and staying safe. Do you love fried rice but don’t rice the extra fat associated with fried foods and its havoc on our stomach and health? Then wait no further. Today I will share a healthier fried rice recipe from my mom’s book. I know that healthy and fried don’t go together but the recipe that I am about to share with your is sensitive stomach friendly and safe your belly
- One large onion (cubed)
- Five cloves garlic (minced)
- Two cups of cubed chicken breast (I used antibiotic free chicken breast strips).
- Three different color bell peppers (half of each and cubed).
- Five cups of Jasmine or Basmati rice (you can also try gluten free brown rice. I often substitute with organic gluten free brown rice for a healthier touch).
- Eight cups of water (you can substitute with four cups of water and four cups of low sodium chicken broth, or just 8 cups of low sodium chicken broths for extra flavor. It’s still healthy).
- Three Tbsp of canola oil (both canola oil and avocado oils are great healthy options).
- Six eggs (or just 7 egg whites).
- Four thai chilies for a little kick (completely optional).
- Salt and peppers for taste.
- Cilantro and green onions for garnish.
- Optional cayenne peppers, hot pepper flakes if you like spicy.
- Cut onions, and bell peppers, and chicken breast into cubes.
- Mince garlic.
- Add 3 tbsp of canola oil in medium heat and heat for 3-5 minutes, and scramble 6 eggs (or just egg whites as preferred).
- Remove scrambled eggs and add bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Remove bell peppers and add the onions and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until translucent. Add salt and pepper for taste. You can also add cayenne peppers, hot pepper flakes to an extra kick to the dish. You can also add additional garlic and ginger powders (1 tsp of each) to extra flavor.
- Add chicken breast and saute until cooked.
- Add the rice and saute for few minutes. Stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped thai pepper if needed, and add water (or broth). And cover in cook in high heat until the liquid starts boiling. Then lower the heat to low to medium heat and cook until the rice is cooked and the liquid evaporates.
- Add back the bell peppers and stir for few minutes.
- Add cilantro and green onion to garnish before taking off from heat.
- Serve and enjoy.
My dear lovelies! Hope you enjoy this healthy dish. I remember that when I was one a strict diet last year, this is one dish that I my stomach could handle (of course there was no peppers or any spice).
Hope you enjoyed my post as much I enjoyed writing it. Comment as to how yours came out. I would love to know what modifications you made and what would you suggest to make the dish even more flavorful.
In the meantime don’t forget to checkout my Facebook Page, YouTube channel, and bloglovin page, My Amazon recommendations. Please follow me.
————————Happy Reading ———————————–
Be the first to reply