Hi There my lovelies! Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. If you are anything like me, I bet you enjoy delicious homemade recipe, especially if it is delicious. Today, I want to share with one such recipe that my sister came up with and it’s absolutely heavenly. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed it. It’s quite easy to make as well and is full of flavor.
- 6 Chicken Breast
- 4 Tbs Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbs Garlic powder
- 1 Tbs Ginger Powder
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- ½ tsp dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp parsley
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Salt to season
- 2 Tbs oil (I use extra virgin olive oil, but can try using extra virgin coconut oil as well)
- ½ Stick I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 1 medium jalapeno chopped
- Chopped cilantro chopped
- 1 bunch scallion chopped (optional)
- Tenderize the chicken breast with meat blade-tenderizer.
- Marinate the chicken overnight in the refrigerator with mixture of yogurt, garlic, ginger, basil, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Brush olive oil or Pam on baking pan and place the marinated chicken. Add thinly butter and red onion on top of each chicken, and add bake in the oven for 1 ½ to 2 hours at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the juice from the marinate into the chicken as well.
- Five minutes before taking your chicken out of the oven, top cilantro, jalapeno, and/or scallion.
Let me know how yours come out. I loved how amazing this Greek yogurt chicken was. We served it with steamed and lightly seasoned beans, mashed potato (made from scratch), and corn on the cob. I want to thank my sister for this lovely recipe. The meat was so juicy and flavorful and most of all delicious!
What are some of your favorite healthy and delicious recipes? I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I love writing it. Don’t forget to check out my Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram @allaboutme3181.
———————————– Happy Reading ———————————-
Be the first to reply