Today I will share with a healthy yet delicious and vegan treat. It’s diary and gluten free Dark Chocolate Avocado Fudge. I came across at the Jane’s Healthy Kitchen website. Hope you enjoy this. Now you can satisfy your sweet tooth with the guilty feeling. Happy reading.
- 1 avocado , peeled and seeded
- About 1 cup sweetener to taste.
- 1/4 cup pure cacao powder, or pure unsweetened cocoa
- 2 pinches salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon decaffeinated coffee powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, softened but not hot. (To soften, place the container in a bowl of lukewarm water)
- 1 cup nuts such as almonds, pecans, walnuts, soaked and toasted if possible.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper so handles hang over the sides.
- In a food processor, add the avocado and sweetener. Process until the sweetener is completely dissolved. Add the cacao, salt, plus cinnamon, allspice, and coffee powder, if using. Process until smooth and creamy. Add the coconut butter and process again until very smooth.
- Pulse in the nuts very briefly so they’ll be crunchy and not mush.
- Spoon into the pan, spread flat, and chill for 1-2 hours. Remove to a cutting board. Cut into squares and enjoy.
3 thoughts on “Dark Chocolate Avocado Fudge”
This looks so good! I’m definitely going to try making it 🙂
Thank you “Bright Young Food”. Can’t wait to know about your version.
Yum! This is next in my list to make! X