I love ice cream, especially during the summer. However, those of us who are lactose intolerant can have to deprive ourselves of the deliciousness of this beautiful delicacy. My sister for one always have to look for the lactose free ice cream on the grocery stores, with very little options available. Well, I came across this recipe one day online and was especially excited since chocolate is her favorite topping. You really don’t need stabilizers to make ice cream that is 10 times better than anything you can buy in a supermarket. If you like it please do leave you comments.
Diary Free Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 3 egg pastured egg yolks
- 4.5 tb pure cacao powder
- 2 tb dark chocolate chips (finely shredded)
- 1/4 cup + 2tb organic cane sugar (which I use instead of regular sugar, but you can use regular sugar if you want)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine coconut milk and all of the sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, & salt in a saucepan on medium, and heat until dissolved. It’s really important to heat the mix to 71.4°C and keep it there for 60 minutes, yes 60 minutes! This is crucial for promoting reversible unfolding in the proteins, which contributes significantly to creamy texture.
- Let this cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a blender combine the chilled coconut milk/sugar mixture, cocoa powder . Blend at a low-speed until combined.
- Pour in ice cream maker and wait patiently.
- Top this chocolate coconut milk ice cream with shredded chocolate chips or stir in to combine. Enjoy!