Well I though I would bring I more treat to share with you today that I came across. It is a very easy to make treat and require no baking. I hope you like it. Please share if you enjoy. I found this wonderful recipe at Whole New Mom Site. Happy Reading.
Makes approximately 25 treats
- 3 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 3/8 cup (6 Tablespoons) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sweetener
- 2 teaspoon vanilla (I recommend alcohol free vanilla since you will not be baking these)
- 3/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Hershey’s Sugar Free Semi-Sweet Baking Chips melted, for drizzle
- shredded coconut
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Combine until the mixture is blended and sticks together. (Note: if you are using a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, do not turn your machine on high. You will likely end up with Coconut Butter. While it will be delicious, it won’t be these no bake cookies :-)!)
- Remove the mixture from the blender / food processor and form into desired shape. I really like the cute little shapes I was able to make with this little cookie scoop. If you have a little trouble with the “balls” falling apart but just gently press them back into the desired shape.
- Decorate with shredded coconut, cocoa or carob powder, or melted chocolate (I love mine with melted chocolate chip, piped from a plastic baggie with a tiny hole cut in the corner) as desired. Or leave them plain. They are great just as is (but I do think a little coconut sprinkled on top adds a nice touch.
- Leave to firm up on a plate. They will firm up at room temperature.
- You really don’t need to store these in the fridge but I think they taste a tad bit better cold.